Who we are:
The Domain Companies is a national real estate development and investment firm focused on making a positive and lasting social, economic, and physical impact on the communities in which we build. Domain is responsible for a diverse range of innovative projects including affordable, mixed-income and luxury apartments, condominiums, hospitality, retail, entertainment venues, and creative workspace.
Our success is a result of our community-focused approach, collective entrepreneurial spirit, and the unique skills and experience of our people. Our team stays at the forefront of our industry by striving for excellence and innovation in everything we do. The result is a dynamic environment that encourages creativity and offers the opportunity for growth and advancement.
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking a highly motivated Maintenance Technician. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with excellent customer service skills, passion for delivering a high-quality product, and creating a positive team member and resident experience.
We are highly entrepreneurial and look to you to be flexible yet results driven. We have tight deadlines and rely on you to meet them. While we work hard, it’s important we take time to have fun and collaborate. Culture fuels us here at Domain, that’s why we host Company volunteer days, community engagement and volunteer opportunities, and team building events such as Company outings.
What you'll be doing:
- Manage and complete resident service requests.
- Read and receive instruction from supervisor regarding cleaning and maintaining property.
- Plan work schedule to ensure adequate service for residents.
- Efficiently complete daily tasks and work through deadlines.
- Manage quarterly preventive maintenance duties with supervisor.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor with HVAC, electrical, plumbing, appliances, etc.
- Complete unit-turns for all rental units and maintain vacant units.
- Report to Maintenance Supervisor on inventory of maintenance supplies.
- Assist with all other facility requests made by management and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Painting and upkeep of hallways, and interior and exterior doors.
- Knowledge of tools, supplies, materials and chemicals required to complete job functions.
- Safety knowledge so technician does not endanger self, other employees, residents, the environment or general public.
- Pressure washing of specific common areas at dedicated times of the year.
- Some groundskeeper and porter duties may also be necessary depending on the needs of the building and team.
- Be proactive about solving problems, even if it’s outside of your area and be ready to take on additional initiates and responsibilities as they emerge.
- Seek out opportunities to be a leader and do everything you can to help the company achieve its larger objectives.
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications Required:
- 2-3 years of maintenance technician experience required.
- Painting experience required.
- Prior apartment experience preferred but not required.
- HVAC certification preferred, but not required.
- Customer centric with a warm demeanor, positive attitude and impeccable follow through.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to plan and prioritize efficiently and motivate/lead team members.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and complete multiple tasks with simultaneous deadlines/interruptions.
- Maintain an organized filing system and office areas.
- Valid driver’s license and own transportation required (only applicable to New Orleans).
- Knowledge of the city; knowledge of the local transportation options to include public and private transportation options.
- Must be fluent in the English language.
- Basic knowledge of technology, i.e. smart phones and computers.
- Computer proficiency included but not limited to Microsoft Office.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items at or under 75 pounds. Lifting belt is required.
Work Hour Requirements:
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on company needs.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Health and wellness benefits.
- 401(k) matching program.
- Paid time off and volunteer time off.
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential.
- Fun extracurricular and perks.
- MyDomain discounts at local businesses (only applicable to New Orleans).
- Volunteer and community engagement opportunities.
- Professional development opportunities.
This job description is not all inclusive. The Domain Companies reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. The Domain Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Apply here! http://thedomaincos.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?req=1456997&#job